distributed/local

Jim Hendler hendler at cs.UMD.EDU
Fri Jun 7 10:40:58 EDT 1991

For what it's worth, some preliminary results showing a well-behaved
relationship between local and distributed reps are in paper I had at
the NIPS conf (Advances in Neur. Info. Proc. Sys I - Touretzky (ed),
1989, p.553).  I have followed up on this work a little, with a better
anaylsis of the relationship described in last year's Cog. Sci.
Conference, but the work is pretty preliminary.  I've pretty much
stopped pursuing this actively, but anyone wanting to pick up on it is
welcome...  -J. Hendler