Network: A New, Affordable Subscription Price

ken@cns.caltech.edu ken at cns.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 26 10:20:41 EDT 1991

One of the several good neural network journals to have started in the last
year or two is Network: Computation in Neural Systems, edited by Daniel Amit.
The journal is self-consciously interdisciplinary between Neuroscience and
physical/mathematical/computational sciences. The scope of the articles is
similar to that of the articles found in Neural Computation, but Network
includes primarily full papers (long articles) whereas Neural Computation
includes primarily letters (short articles).  My own interest in Network is
motivated in no small part by the fact that the long, complete version of
the paper of David MacKay and myself analyzing Linsker's simulations is
found in Network, Vol. 1, #3; a short version was in Neural Computation.  To
mention a very few among many other recent authors: D. Willshaw, J.
Hopfield, M.  Abeles, P. Simic, D. Parisi, D. Amit, A. Selverston, G.
Toulouse, V. Braitenberg, J. Nadal, E. Rolls.

Network has been relatively inaccessible, at least in the US.  I think this
has been largely due to its very high subscription price.  So I am writing to
advertise the fact that Network has just instituted a very affordable
subscription price for individuals.  The new price for individuals is
$37.90/year (US, Canada and Mexico), 17.30 lbs/year (UK), or 20.50 lbs/year
(other).  This price applies to Volume 1 (1990), as well as to the current
volume, Vol. 2 (1991).

To order: US/Can/Mex: American Institute of Physics, Subscriber Services,
500 Sunnyside Blvd, Woodbury, NY 11797-2999; 516-349-7800 x628; Other:
Journals Mkting Dept., IOP Publishing, Techno House, Redcliffe Way, Bristol
BS1 6NX, England.  I won't spend bandwidth listing contents of recent
issues; people at these addresses can send you literature.

Ken Miller