Postdoctoral Positions

Jordan B Pollack pollack at cis.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 20 13:00:39 EST 1990

            POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS IN COGNITIVE SCIENCE
                    The Ohio State University

The Center for Cognitive Science at the Ohio State
University has several openings for postdoctoral
researchers. We will consider recent Ph.D.'s in all areas
of Cognitive Science based on overall quality of research
and commitment to interdisciplinary work.  Applications
are especially encouraged from candidates in areas in
which we have active faculty interests.(See attached note)

These two-year positions will begin July 1991 and carry
a yearly stipend of $25,000 with $1000 for moving
expenses and $1000 per year for research and travel.  An
office and computer access will be provided by the
Center.  The Center for Cognitive Science is an
interdisciplinary University-wide research center with
approximately eighty members from sixteen departments.
OSU is one of the largest universities in the country
with significant research resources including a Cray YMP
and a PET scanner. Columbus provides a high quality of
life along with very affordable housing.

To apply, send your vita, reprints and a statement of
research interests and a research plan, tell us the name
of the faculty member(s) you wish to work with at OSU,
and arrange for three recommendation letters to be sent
to:

Postdoctoral Search Commmittee
Center for Cognitive Science
208 Ohio Stadium East
1961 Tuttle Park Place
Columbus, OH 43210-1102

Materials must be postmarked by January 15, 1991.  The
Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer.
-------------------------------------
I've put a summary of the main interests of the center in neuroprose
(file OSU.Cogsci). Personally, I am looking for someone with a solid
background in non-linear dynamical systems to collaborate on the
question of how fractals and chaos are exploited by cognition. Other
opportunities exist in neuroscience, AI, vision, speech, language,
music, motor control, philosophy of mind, and elsewhere, under
sponsorship of faculty in those areas. Please contact me (and/or any
other faculty you know at OSU) for further info.

Jordan Pollack                            Assistant Professor
CIS Dept/OSU                              Laboratory for AI Research
2036 Neil Ave                             Email: pollack at cis.ohio-state.edu
Columbus, OH 43210                        Fax/Phone: (614) 292-4890