thanks and  as requested

AC1MPS@primea.sheffield.ac.uk AC1MPS at primea.sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Nov 20 09:57:02 EST 1990

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my last broadcast about
super-Turing systems. To those of you who asked for hard-copies
of my paper: they're in the post.

A lot of you missed the original references to Pour-El's work.
Here are the references I've got, although there may be later
work as well.

    Myhill J.
   "A recursive function, defined on a compact interval and
    having a continuous derivative that is not recursive."
    Michegan Math. J. 18 (1971) pp 97-8.

    M. Boykan Pour-El
   "Abstract computability versus analog-generability."
    Springer Lecture Notes in Math 337 (1971) pp 345-60
    (Cambridge summer school in math. logic).

    Marian Boykan Pour-El
   "Abstract computability and its relation to the general
    purpose analog computer."
    Trans AMS 199 (1974) pp 1-28.

    Marian Boykan Pour-El + Ian Richards
   "The wave equation with computable initial data such that
    its unique solution is not computable."
    Advances in math 39 (1981) pp 215-39.

Thanks again. Mike Stannett.