Peggy Jennings

Thomas Petsche petsche at learning.siemens.com
Fri Nov 16 09:20:57 EST 1990

Perhaps we could all get off our high horses now and stop bashing
Jordan and his Connectionfest now.

Actually, I spend approximately half my waking hours engaged in
all sorts of activity that "wastes so much of the resources---mental,
electronic, and others---on non-scientific matters".

Eg, cooking, cleaning, house repairs, playing with children, and yes,
even childish joking with friends (my goodness, (nope, no profanity
here!) most of them have graduate degrees -- what is the world coming
to?).  I'm ashamed to admit it, but I even exchange email (would you
believe it, wasting all that bandwidth!) *containing winking smileys*
with my wife.  Hope this sexual (sexist?) revelation doesn't offend
anyone.

I was interested to discover that there is no such thing as a male
prostitute ... hmm, what was that movie, "American ...".  Don't tell
me ...  I'll get it ... starts with a "G" ...