Announcing a NIPS '90 workshop comparing decision trees and neural nets

Laveen N. Kanal kanal at cs.UMD.EDU
Thu Nov 15 11:50:37 EST 1990

Your information has come too late for me to take advantage and be present
aty this interesting workshop. Many of the papers in the A.I literature and
statistics literature on the topic of decision trees have ingnored other
literature on the subject in pattern recogntion. For those who are interested
an extensive survey appears in " decision trees in Pattern recognition" by
G.R. Dattatreya and L.N. Kanal, in Progress in pattern recognition 2, L.kanal
and A. Rosenfeld (editors), North-Holland, 1985.

Please let me know if you are going to put together the papers presented at your workshop as I would be most interested in seing them.
Thanks,

laveen kanal