Stop it right now, please

pastor@PRC.Unisys.COM pastor at PRC.Unisys.COM
Wed Nov 14 10:58:13 EST 1990

I hesitate to get involved in this, but I think that the limerick "discussion"
has moved outside the scope of connectionists.  A news group/mailing list that
consistently provides challenging, interesting, and *pertinent* discussion
(and *no* flames or invective) is a rare animal these days, and I hate to see
this one jeopardized.

I am not commenting on the merits of either party's arguments, or on the
importance of the topic; all I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with
connectionism per se.  I would like to suggest that the rest of this
apparently-escalating (and probably irresolvable) conflict be continued via
direct e-mail among the combatants, or on a newsgroup that is more
appropriate to its content.

Thanks to all concerned, and good luck in resolving your disagreements.