References needed on time-frequency classification methods

Erich J Smythe esmythe at ANDREW.dnet.ge.com
Mon Jun 4 17:16:20 EDT 1990

The following is posted for a friend.  Please respond to him if you can.
If not, I will forward the message.

thanks

-erich smythe
esmythe at andrew.dnet.ge.com

I am writing a review on the use of time-frequency distributions of
signals as inputs to classification algorithms.  The review will appear
in a book "New Methods in Time-Frequency Signal Analysis" to be published
by Longman & Cheshire.

I am particularly (but not solely) interested in schemes where the
classification mechanism is that of a neural network.

I would appreciate any inputs from the net as to appropriate references.
All applications are relevant.  I would like to see this review be
comprehensive and adequately represent the contributions of neural nets.

I will post a summary if there is interest.

Please reply to "dmalkoff at atl.dnet.ge.com"
Donald B. Malkoff
General Electric Company
Advanced Technology Laboratories