Flame

Rik Belew rik%cs at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 13 19:01:52 EST 1990

Dave,

That was absolutely perfect invocation of another culture.  I think it
applies equally well to some reactions other than laughter (like my
reactions to the target recognition conference, for example).

That traditional Japanese culture be useful in new-wave Email culture
is striking, too.  Connectionists has grown into a pretty big,
valuable mailing list, and often this means that it is time for a
moderator to step in and ... moderate.  But I for one find real value
in the sometimes-brawling nature of this group and think something
would be lost if we took this step, and I would prefer to   hit my own
delete key rather than having someone else try to do it for me.

        Rik Belew  (rik at cs.ucsd.edu)