[ACT-R-users] The International Computational Cognitive Modeling Society is Official! Our Next Steps [reminder]

Frank Ritter frank.ritter at PSU.EDU
Thu Oct 14 12:24:28 EDT 2021

This is a gentle reminder from Chris Myers: (newsletter to come shortly)

Greetings!

It's our pleasure to announce that the International Cognitive Modeling
Society is official! The society is an organization that was established
to provide stability to the annual ICCM conference, as well as
facilitate intraconference/society collaborations (e.g.,
MathPsych/ICCM), provide an organization to receive support and award
travel support to students, best paper awards at the annual conference,
etc.

To become a student member, please send an email to

info.iccm.society at gmail.com <mailto:info.iccm.society at gmail.com> with
the subject: ICCM Society Student Membership

To become a full member, please send $50 through paypal to
info.iccm.society at gmail.com <mailto:info.iccm.society at gmail.com>

Executive Committee

President-- Chris Myers; Air Force Research Laboratory

President-Elect-- Nele Russwinkel; TU Berlin

Secretary-Treasurer-- Nele Russwinkel (outgoing); TU Berlin

Committee Member-- Wayne Gray; Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Committee Member-- Glenn Gunzelmann; Air Force Research Laboratory

Committee Member-- Christian Lebiere; Carnegie Mellon University

Committee Member-- David Peebles; University of Huddersfield

Committee Member-- Marieke van Vugt; University of Groningen

Upcoming Election

We plan to hold elections in the Spring for the Secretary-Treasurer
position, which we hope to select from among ICCM Society members. The
Secretary-Treasurer is elected by the Executive Committee to serve a
term of a total of four years, and is eligible for a single reelection.

For a full description of committee members, roles and society
processes, please download our bylaws at:
https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ficcm-conference.neocities.org%2FICCM-Society_official.pdf&data=04%7C01%7Ciccm-l%40lists.psu.edu%7Cfcc38b44695b43fbd1ad08d98f2f19fe%7C7cf48d453ddb4389a9c1c115526eb52e%7C0%7C0%7C637698254729578636%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=DRU68kMwtAbLkd9735ZfdfkY0M%2BLJSOfFpspN5QY3C0%3D&reserved=0
<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__https%3A%2F%2Ficcm-conference.neocities.org%2FICCM-Society_official.pdf__%3B!!KGKeukY!hKAcFVQA7Fe_-F11Sg5kXtk7kEbLFZHZJ4yCHA4Dgew47Hm8uTnn7_Lj1pjsPXTzN9y4%24&data=04%7C01%7Ciccm-l%40lists.psu.edu%7Cfcc38b44695b43fbd1ad08d98f2f19fe%7C7cf48d453ddb4389a9c1c115526eb52e%7C0%7C0%7C637698254729578636%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=1LyAW8Wj9T0zk3J3nbOwLrqWd6HoTxMXSDgxKxYQ8sc%3D&reserved=0>

Society Growth Initiative

Having stood up the society, we are now seeking to establish a digital
presence to facilitate interaction between society members as well as
establish a repository for papers from the annual conference, manage
memberships. We are planning to establish a website for the society as
well as social media accounts.

Website:  N/A

Twitter:  @ICCMsociety

Membership Drive & Volunteers Needed

To achieve our goals of increasing growth in the society and
establishing a digital presence, we are seeking to increase our
membership and are looking for volunteers. Many of you regularly
participate in the annual conference and we would encourage you to
become full members of the society.

Full Membership :: $50 -- Transfer to info.iccm.society at gmail.com
<mailto:info.iccm.society at gmail.com> through PayPal
(https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.com%2Fus%2Fhome&data=04%7C01%7Ciccm-l%40lists.psu.edu%7Cfcc38b44695b43fbd1ad08d98f2f19fe%7C7cf48d453ddb4389a9c1c115526eb52e%7C0%7C0%7C637698254729578636%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=wGER8D%2F5NZ4%2BFdPVfsSOdurAG5XobLUu7Xr18oNv3Gw%3D&reserved=0)

Student Membership :: $0

Here are the volunteer opportunities (if you have an interest in any of
the following, please email info.iccm.society at gmail.comusing the
appropriate underlined text below as the email’s subject):

United States & Europe Sponsor Solicitor— We are looking for somewhat
senior individuals in the US and Europe to solicit companies and funding
agencies to contribute to the society as sponsors.

Social Media Manager— We are looking for a junior individual to provide
announcements about upcoming events and manage social media accounts.

Webmaster— We are looking for an individual to design and develop an
ICCM Society webpage (we currently own two domain names)

Special Issue Editor— We are looking for someone to perform as the
Editor for the Best Papers of ICCM special issue in topiCS in Cognitive
Science.

Conference Chair— as much as we love Terry Stewart and his uncanny
abilities at organizing our annual ICCM conference with the Society for
Math Psych, he’s been at it for 3 years and is looking for someone to
take over. He would remain on for the upcoming conference and train the
incoming  chair so that they’re prepared for organizing the conference
in the following year.

Sincerely,

Chris MyersPresident for the society officers and board