[ACT-R-users] Regarding getting the values of the slots of the goal buffer via RPC

db30 at andrew.cmu.edu db30 at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 12 11:37:39 EDT 2020

--On Monday, October 12, 2020 10:26 AM -0400 Arun Krishna <arunbkris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>

> Thank you for the reply.
>

> In my case chunk-slot-value returns the slot value defined by add-dm command
> for example I have an add-dm with
> (navigation-begin ISA navigation navigationStart "state-1" navigationEnd
> "state-16" navigationCurrent "state-1")
>
> So
>

> ? (chunk-slot-value navigation-begin navigationCurrent)
> "state-1"
> ?
>

> I always get "state-1".
>

> But the goal buffer has a different content in the same time which is given
> below
>

>  [Image: "image.png"]
>

> I was trying to retrieve the value of NAVIGATIONCURRENT slot from the goal
> buffer which is "state-2" .
> (Which is the result of a production while running the model)
>

> Could you please tell me how to achieve this using RPC?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Arun

As your image shows, the chunk in the buffer is not the chunk
navigation-begins, but the chunk navigation-begins-0.  That is
because the buffers always create a new copy of a chunk.  To get
the value of a slot of a chunk in a buffer you will first need
to get the name of the chunk in the buffer, which you can do
using one of the commands: buffer-chunk, buffer-read, or for
the goal buffer, goal-focus.

Dan