[ACT-R-users] Looking for a Postdoc

Mike Byrne byrne at rice.edu
Mon Sep 9 16:13:26 EDT 2019

ACT-R folks,

My lab, the Computer-Human Interaction Laboratory (CHIL) at Rice University, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to take a leading role in an NSF-funded project on using ACT-R to assess the usability of voting systems, particularly the design of ballots.

The position is fully funded for three years, with possible continuation contingent on additional funding. The ideal candidate has (or will have) a Ph.D. in cognitive psychology, cognitive science or computer science, with experience in ACT-R modeling and a strong programming background.

The position is open starting immediately but there are still some administrative hoops to be jumped through before it is really ready to go, so what I'm actually hoping for is someone who can start in January 2020.

Please contact me directly (byrne at rice.edu) if you have questions or want more information.

-Mike

Mike Byrne, Ph.D.                          <byrne at rice.edu>
Professor, Psychological Sciences and Computer Science
Rice University, MS-25        <http://chil.rice.edu/byrne/>
6100 Main Street                      +1 713-348-3770 voice
Houston, TX  77005-1892                 +1 713-348-5221 fax