[ACT-R-users] Position in developing machine-learning methods for discovering human-interpretable decision rules

Maria Wirzberger maria.wirzberger at tuebingen.mpg.de
Sat Mar 9 06:26:54 EST 2019

Dear valued colleagues,

The Rationality Enhancement group at the Max Planck Institute for
Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is currently recruiting a postdoc,
researcher or PhD student interested in developing robust machine-learning
methods for discovering human-interpretable decision rules.

http://re.is.mpg.de/jobs/research-scientist-or-postdoc-position-on-machine-l
earning-methods-for-discovering-human-interpretable-decision-rules-m-f-d

http://re.is.mpg.de/jobs/phd-student-position-on-machine-learning-methods-fo
r-discovering-human-interpretable-decision-rules-m-f-d

The scientific mission of the group is to lay the cognitive and
technological foundations for helping people become more effective. We
combine basic research on the computational mechanisms of human learning and
decision-making with the development of intelligent systems for enhancing
human rationality. We evaluate the models, cognitive tutors, and cognitive
prostheses we develop in experiments conducted online, in the lab, and in
the field. Ultimately, we aim to produce technologies that enhance human
productivity, accelerate personal development, and assist people in goal
setting and goal achievement.

You get the unique opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in a very
inspiring international research environment and work with a young, dynamic,
highly motivated, and visionary team. If that sounds attractive to you and
you can imagine living in one of Germany’s most beautiful landscapes, don't
hesitate to apply!

Please feel free to spread the word, if you know any suitable candidates or
people who might know suitable candidates.

Best regards,

Maria Wirzberger

---

Dr. Maria Wirzberger

Postdoctoral Researcher

Max Planck Research Group “Rationality Enhancement”

Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems

Max-Planck-Ring 4

72076 Tübingen

Germany

Office:   N-1.044