[ACT-R-users] Fwd: [ICS-news] ICS Faculty Search--please forward ad

Susan Chipman susan.chipman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:49:34 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donna J Caccamise <donna.caccamise at colorado.edu>
Date: Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Subject: [ICS-news] ICS Faculty Search--please forward ad
To: ICS-Students <ics-students at psych.colorado.edu>, "
ICS-fellows at psych.Colorado.EDU" <ICS-fellows at psych.colorado.edu>, "
ICS-assoc at psych.Colorado.EDU" <ICS-assoc at psych.colorado.edu>, "
ICS-NEWS at psych.colorado.edu" <ICS-NEWS at psych.colorado.edu>

Hi Folks,  Thanks to everyone who participated in the retreat and
afterwords to shape up the attached job ad.  This faculty hire is at the
assistant or associate professor level, rostered in ICS, with a tenure home
in one of several different departments depending upon the winning
candidate’s background.  Please forward this job ad to all of your
professional contacts and if appropriate, please post it on relevant
professional job boards of organizations for which you are a member.
Please drop us an email about your efforts to broadcast this posting so
that we may have it for our records.  If a cost is involved to post on a
relevant member-only site, please let me or Jean know and we will work out
the arrangements.

We anticipate job talks starting at the beginning of the Spring 2015
semester (late Jan. through Feb.)

Warm Regards,  Donna

Donna Caccamise, Ph.D
Assoc. Director, Institute of Cognitive Science
Director of ICS Academic Programs
UCB 344
University of Colorado, Boulder 80309
303-735-3602
donna.caccamise at colorado.edu

*Assistant/Associate Professor Tenure track position*
*Institute of Cognitive Science, CU-Boulder*

The Institute of Cognitive Science at the University Colorado Boulder is
seeking to hire a tenure-track professor at the Assistant level or a
tenured professor at the Associate level. Institute research is focused in
three strategic areas:
• Learning and Education: theories, communities, and technologies;
• Language Processing: computational and technological advances;
• Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience: memory, executive function,
language, affective, decision, social processes, brain-computer interaction.

We are looking for candidates with a strong research track record in one or
more of these areas, whose work demonstrates both computational
sophistication and a commitment to interdisciplinary research.

Applicants should have expertise in computational methods for the analysis
and characterization of complex data sets in cognitive science, such as
machine learning or network analysis (e.g., network topology, social
networks, graph theory, brain or interpersonal dynamics). Cognitive
scientists are at the forefront of exploiting the internet and massive data
repositories (e.g., language corpora, neuroimaging collections, educational
data logs) to advance understanding of learning and cognition. These data
and methods for analyzing it are changing paradigms in the allied fields of
cognitive science.
Applicants should demonstrate a strong capacity for, and a commitment to,
interdisciplinary research and education. The Institute integrates faculty
and researchers from seven departments – Computer Science, Education,
Integrative Physiology, Linguistics, Philosophy; Psychology & Neuroscience;
and Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences – and offers a Joint PhD in
Cognitive Science and an affiliated field. Ideal candidates can collaborate
with faculty across these departments and teach courses in cognitive
science and an allied field(s). This vanguard characteristic should be
evident in the applicant’s publication history.”

Applicants should have a Ph.D. in a field related to Cognitive Science. For
full consideration, applications should be completed by December 1,2014 but
will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.

Applications should include a current curriculum vitae, three letters of
recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research
philosophy, publications demonstrating the characteristics described above,
and a cover letter specifically addressing the applicant’s match to the
criteria described above. Applications are not considered complete until
all letters of recommendation have been received.

Applications will only be accepted at http://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/89482
.

The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial
and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals
with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at hr-ada at colorado.edu.

The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final
applicants being considered for employment.

For questions please contact:

Donna Caccamise, Search Committee Chair
donna.caccamise at colorado.edu