[ACT-R-users] Job ad : PhD position in Lausanne, Switzerland

Ulrich Hoffrage Ulrich.Hoffrage at unil.ch
Sun Jun 24 07:01:27 EDT 2012

Sorry for cross-postings
Please forward to people who are potentially interested

**

*The Department of Organizational Behavior
at the Faculty of Business and Economics, Lausanne, Switzerland,
seeks applicants for a graduate (doctoral) assistant *

*
*

Start date:

01.09.2012 or a mutually-convenient time

Contract duration:

The initial contract is 1 year. The contract can be renewed for 2 x 2
years. The maximum funding period is 5 years.

Working Place:

Department of Organizational Behavior, Internef Building

Type of position

100%

Supervisor:

Ulrich Hoffrage

**

*Required Profile: *

**

-Master in management, economics, or psychology (or equivalent)

-Fluent in English. Good command in French will be advantageous.

-Interest in several of the following topics: judgment and decision
making, bounded rationality, ethical decision making, consumer decision
making, organizational behavior, experimental methods or methodology,
cognitive modeling.

-Plan to undertake doctoral research with a focus on decision making
and/or organizational behavior.

*Job Description:*

**

-50% of the assistant's time will be dedicated to completion of doctoral
studies.

-50% of the assistant's time will be dedicated to providing research
support with the supervisor (resulting in co-authorships), as well as
some teaching and administrative support.

*Application material:*

**

-Letter of motivation**

-Brief explanation of potential thesis topic (2 pages maximum)**

-Curriculum Vitae**

-Copies of university diplomas and degrees; transcripts (indicating
marks/grades achieved)**

-An example of a research project, if available**

-Names, titles, and e-mail addresses of two actual references **

*Additionnel Information: *

The Department of Organizational Behavior of the Faculty for Business
and Economics at the University of Lausanne provides a stimulating,
interdisciplinary research environment. We value the diversity of the
expertise of the members of the department (we have Ph.D.s in business,
management, psychology, and economics) as well as the diversity of the
departments at the Faculty of Business and Economics. We publish in
top-tier journals in different disciplines (e.g., including
Psychological Review, American Economic Review, Science, Journal of
Applied Psychology, Academy of Management Journal, etc.). Our
department's members come from different countries, and the working
language of the department is English.

Located near Lake Geneva and surrounded by the Jura Mountains and the
French Alps, Lausanne is a beautiful and cosmopolitan spot to live and
work. We have a collegial atmosphere that makes it easy for us to carry
out our research.

Information on the Department of Organizational Behavior is available
at:
http://www.hec.unil.ch/hec/recherche/unite?set_language=en&unite_id=239&cl=en.

Information on the doctoral program in Management is available at:
http://www.hec.unil.ch/hec/doctorats/phdmanagement/why/welcome.

Information about Ulrich Hoffrage is available at:
http://www.hec.unil.ch/people/uhoffrage<http://www.hec.unil.ch/people/uhoffrage%20%20%0d>

Seeking to promote an equitable representation of men and women among
its staff, the University encourages applications from women.

The official job ad can be retrieved at:
https://applicationsw.unil.ch/adminpub/?MIval=PoIntHome&TypelC=811&PoId=2651

**

*Application deadline: *

*
*July 15th, 2012. Applications after this date will still be considered,
but risk that the position is already filled. Please send your
application (or questions) to Prof. Ulrich Hoffrage
(Ulrich.hoffrage at unil.ch <mailto:Ulrich.hoffrage at unil.ch>).

Ulrich Hoffrage (Professor of Decision Theory and Risk)
University of Lausanne
Faculty of Business and Economics
        (Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales; HEC)
Batiment Internef
CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland

Tel: +41-21-692-3490
Fax: +41-21-692-3305