[ACT-R-users] Overhauling the ACT-R website

Stephane Gamard stephane at gamard.net
Tue Feb 14 17:53:09 EST 2012

Hi all,

I was about to queue the multiple advantages of wordpress until I read Wayne's reply ;). To sum it up (and that has pretty much been my job for the past 5 years: portals/content/accessibility) I would put it this way:
- Low-end, basic HTML serving with minimal hassle and small application: wordpress.
- Medium-end, some "semantic" features and high extensibility (large active communities): Drupal, Magnolia (mainly depends on the software stack one wants to control)
- High-end, fully "enterprise" capable: Liferay, Exo (java based)

I personally would push toward something that is starting to be semantic-aware, as to best leverage content (linked-data) and take advantage of the multiplicity of content-enhancement that are popping all over the web.

Here's my 2 cents, and wish you the best for the site project,

_Stephane