[ACT-R-users] Franklin Symposium, April 28, in Philadelphia

Dario Salvucci salvucci at drexel.edu
Wed Apr 20 16:19:19 EDT 2011

Fyi, the symposium in honor of John's Benjamin Franklin Medal will be next Thursday, April 28, at Drexel University in Philadelphia. The symposium is free and open to the public, and will have talks by three distinguished speakers. I've heard that a few nearby ACT-R folks are planning to attend, so I'm broadcasting this in case others are interested. (We hope to have it recorded and streamable after the event as well.)

-----

*** FRANKLIN INSTITUTE AWARDS SYMPOSIUM ***

"Models of Cognition and Applications to Computer Tutors"

featuring DR. JOHN R. ANDERSON, recipient of the

2011 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Computer and Cognitive Science

Thursday, April 28, 2011
10:30 am — 1:30 pm  (light lunch provided)
Bossone Research Enterprise Center
Drexel University
Market Street between 31st & 32nd Sts.
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Talks & Speakers:

"The Cognitive Architecture: A Scaffold for Understanding the Mind"
-- Niels Taatgen, University of Groningen

"Cognitive Tutors and Beyond: Personalizing Learning and Learning to Learn"
-- Ken Koedinger, Carnegie Mellon University

"Using Neural Imaging to Uncover the Sequential Structure of Thought"
-- John R. Anderson, Carnegie Mellon University

Free and open to the public.

For more information, please see the official poster: http://cog.cs.drexel.edu/events/FranklinSymposium.pdf
or contact Julie Fisher at <jmf323 at drexel.edu> or 215-895-6275.

This event is presented as part of the Philadelphia Science Festival.