[ACT-R-users] BICA 2011

Michael Schoelles schoem at rpi.edu
Mon Apr 18 13:38:59 EDT 2011

From Alexei:
====================================
I would like to draw your attention to the upcoming conference in Washington DC on November 5-6:

BICA 2011: Second International Conference on Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures (http://bicasociety.org/2011/).

The conference is focused on emergent multidisciplinary topics unified by the challenge of creating a real-life computational equivalent of the human mind (details in CFP at http://bicasociety.org/2011/bica2011cfp.pdf).

The abstract submission deadline April 21st is almost here, and the paper submission deadline May 26 is only a month ahead. We will be able to reserve a presentation slot for you if we receive your preliminary abstract in time (extensions are negotiable).

A Special Note to 2011 AAAI Fall Symposia Participants: if you are committed to participation in one of the AAAI Fall Symposia -- no problem! We would be happy to have you for a limited time only, even if this would be just the time of your talk at BICA 2011 (please contact us regarding your registration in this special case). We will work together with you on our schedule to avoid any conflicts with your commitments. Plus, you will get a special low hotel rate ($99 per night) at Holiday Inn as a BICA 2011 participant. The two events (AAAI FSS at Westin Arlington Gateway and BICA 2011 at Holiday Inn) are next to each other in space and time. It takes only 5 minutes to walk from one location to another. All BICA 2011 participants will be walking to the location of AAAI FSS for lunch on November 5-6 and for the banquet on November 5. Not to mention that we hope that many of our participants will be also attending the AAAI Symposia:

AAAI FS on Advances in Cognitive Systems (http://www.cogsys.org/acs/2011/home/)
AAAI FS on Question Generation (http://www.questiongeneration.org/QG2011/)
AAAI FS on Open Government Knowledge: AI Opportunities and Challenges (http://tw.rpi.edu/web/taxonomy/term/24)
See all AAAI FSS at http://www.aaai.org/Symposia/Fall/