[ACT-R-users] WN-Lexical question

Bruce J Weimer MD bjweimer at charter.net
Wed Jun 18 11:41:05 EDT 2008

Re: [ACT-R-users] WN-Lexical questionBruno,

Thank you for the explanation and code!  I suspected that there was a certain amount of randomness inherent in this system.  But I have a question - there are several definitions for "dog"... but if I ask you to define "dog", you would almost certainly pick:

(a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds)

which is the first definition that appears when you search WordNet on-line:

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=dog&o2=&o0=1&o7=&o5=&o1=1&o6=&o4=&o3=&h=

In fact, the WordNet on-line responses seem to ordered according to the most common meanings first.  I was just wondering if we could get at the definitions ranked according to usage.........  it seems that somehow they do..........

Bruce.