[ACT-R-users] Aging problem in ontology modeling

Hiran Ekanayake hiran.ekanayake at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 06:27:54 EDT 2008

I think I haven't elaborated the problem properly. In hypothetical levels,
if you compare knowledge modeling in children, they are able to grasp
concepts (more declarative) quickly because their knowledge networks are
small in scale. However, with their development, they start to inference
based on their existing knowledge and selectively attend to things. Again,
since the existing knowledge networks are getting bigger and bigger, these
agents should become inefficient in using their knowledge effectively as a
whole. In this effort, I see some people are more reluctant in absorbing
changes to whatever they believed earlier even they wanted to do so (may be
because of knowledge conflicts at cognitive levels). I see this as one major
problem which creates differences between generations.

Here what I would like to know is whether someone has looked into this
problem before.

Hiran