[ACT-R-users] similarity

Duncan Brumby dbrumby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:01:15 EDT 2005

Hi Ayman,

Hope all is going well.

So your point that:

>The reason why we get better results with entropy has more
>to do with the corpus than with technique.

Still presents the challenge for, say modeling a user searching a web
page, because how can one make an a priori assumption about that users
knowledge (or in this case, which training corpus should be selected).
Further, if a model using a particular corpus does not fit the
empirical data, it is then unclear whether this is because the model
is incorrect or that the corpus was incorrect ... a  similar case can
of course be made when attributing the success of a model to fitting
the data.

--Duncan

Duncan Brumby
Intern Microsoft Research