[ACT-R-users] OPTIMIST conflict resolution for ACT-R

Roman Belavkin R.Belavkin at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 09:44:18 EDT 2005

Hello dear ACT-R users,

I have released the new version of the Optimist conflict resolution for ACT-R.  You can access the files and documentation here:

http://www.cs.mdx.ac.uk/staffpages/rvb/software/optimist/

It should work with both ACT-R 5 and 4 (there are two versions), and there is an example model.  In brief, the algorithm provides a more dynamic and rule-specific noise which leads to a slightly different rate of converegence and formation of preferences to certain rules.  There is also a simple reinfercement mechanism.  The underlying theory is explained in corresponding papers.

If conflict resolution and parameters learning plays a significant role in your models, then I suggest you to try this.  I would also be glad to hear how the algorithm works for your models.

Best wishes!

Roman Bealvkin
Middlesex University
London NW4 4BT, UK