[SPAM: 3.266] [ACT-R-users] Subsymbolic in ACT-R 5.0

Roman Belavkin R.Belavkin at mdx.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 11:33:59 EDT 2004

I believe the "others" are more correct. Subsymbolic information is stored in a form of real numbers associated with each symbol (or pairs of symbols). The equations explain the dynamics of these numbers as functions of various parameters (e.g. time). It is good to remember that equations are models approximating some processes based on what we know about them, and it means they are in no way the final "laws".

Kind regards,
Roman Bealvkin
http://gold.mdx.ac.uk/