[ACT-R-users] Postdoctoral or Research Programmer in Cognitive Modeling at Carnegie Mellon University

Niels Taatgen taatgen at cmu.edu
Wed Sep 15 10:10:04 EDT 2004

Postdoctoral or Research Programmer in Cognitive Modeling at Carnegie
Mellon University

We are looking for either a postdoctoral researcher or a research
programmer for a NASA project titled "The representation and learning
of instructions". The goal of this project is to extend our existing
ACT-R models of learning from instructions for complex skills to
real-world tasks. More specifically, we want to create a model that can
learn to execute certain procedures of the Flight Management System
(FMS) of a Boeing 777. The project involves programming simulations of
the FMS that can be used in both experiments and model simulations, the
collection of human data in experiments, and the development of models.

Requirements are either a Ph.D. (for a postdoc position) or a MSc. (for
a research programmer position) in cognitive science, computer science
or cognitive psychology with experience in cognitive modeling,
preferably with ACT-R. Programming experience is also required,
preferably in Lisp. This position is funded for three years by NASA and
offers a highly competitive salary and benefits.

To obtain addition information, contact Niels Taatgen (taatgen at cmu.edu)
or John Anderson (ja+ at cmu.edu).

Niels Taatgen - University of Groningen, Artificial Intelligence
Also (but not now) at:
Carnegie Mellon University, Psychology, BH 345E
web: http://www.ai.rug.nl/~niels     email: taatgen at cmu.edu
Telephone: +1 412-268-2815 (CMU) +31 50 3636435 (RUG)