[ACT-R-users] New ACTR publication

Wayne Gray grayw at rpi.edu
Mon Nov 22 11:36:13 EST 2004

Greetings.

We are pleased to announce a new journal paper focusing on ACTR's
expected value equation specifically but issues of credit assignment
in modeling more generally.

Our Cognitive Systems Research journal paper is a substantial
extension of the work presented at ICCM2004 and published in the
proceedings. In addition to a greater discussion of the issues
concerning binary vs scalar credit assignment, it included a
discussion of three new variants on our actr model. Two of these
variants are simulations that enable us to isolate the PG-C issues
from any other problems that our inadequacies as modelers may have
introduced to our models that might have contributed to the outcomes.

(Note that you will find other ACTR papers in this issue of CSRj.)

Wayne

--
**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**
Wayne D. Gray; Professor of Cognitive Science

EMAIL: grayw at rpi.edu, Office: 518-276-3315, Fax: 518-276-3017

for general information see: http://www.rpi.edu/~grayw/

for On-Line publications see:
http://www.rpi.edu/~grayw/pubs/downloadable_pubs.htm

for the CogWorks Lab see: http://www.cogsci.rpi.edu/cogworks/

If you just have formalisms or a model you are doing "operations
research" or" AI", if you just have data and a good study you are
doing "experimental psychology", and if you just have ideas you are
doing "philosophy" -- it takes all three to do cognitive science.

**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**