[ACT-R-users] ACT-R users Digest, emotion

Ann Dalrymple dalrympl at mail.ucf.edu
Sat Feb 21 08:26:17 EST 2004

Thank you very much, Roman.  I have had a look at your thesis (the first
4 chapters so far), which is very helpful.  Using G to reflect arousal
strength seems the right idea.  I am still wondering, though, how
interrupts are done in ACT-R.
And there is a fascinating result in one emotional Stroop study showing
that arousal (there, "anxiety") actually speeded the colour naming for
normals. (cf. Chapter 4, Cognitive Psychology and Emotional Disorders
(1991) by WilliamsJMG et al.)  This leads me to believe that G should
not only influence the effort to be expended in that decision cycle, but
should somehow reflect the speed of processing in that decision cycle,
i.e. in the matching process.
I also wondered why confidence would not be reflected in the probability
of success parameter, instead of in a noise parameter.