ACT-R users poll

John Anderson ja+ at cmu.edu
Mon Oct 15 11:40:18 EDT 2001

We will shortly be announcing the ACT-R 2002 Summer School and
Workshop.  At the summer school we will be teaching the 5.0 version
of ACT-R (whatever that is).  We are sending this out as a poll to
ACT-R users to get a sense of what the experience with 5.0 has been
and what the definition of 5.0 should be.  We would appreciate your
answers to the following questions.  In these questions we refer to
the construct of a "research model".  This means something you would
be willing to describe in a research presentation not necessarily
something published.  Also, our post-graduate summer school slides at
our Web page contain some discussion of various ACT-R 5.0 features.

1. With respect to 4.0:
a. Have you ever worked with it?
b. How many research models would you estimate that you have produced in 4.0?
c. Are you currently using it for research?
d. Have you used it (or do you intend to use it) for teaching?

2. With respect to 5.0
a. Have you every worked with it?
b. How many research models would you estimate that you have produced in 5.0?
c. Are you currently using it for research?
d. Have you used it (or do you intend to use it) for teaching?

3. With respect to the principal features on which ACT-R 5.0 differs
from 4.0, how much experience have you had with
a. The buffer control structure
b. The downgrading of the goal stack
c. The competitive latency equation and downgrading of the strengths
of association
d. Production compilation

4. With respect to the principal features on which ACT-R 5.0 differs
from 4.0, how would you evaluate
a. The buffer control structure
b. The downgrading of the goal stack
c. The competitive latency equation and downgrading of the strengths
of association
d. Production compilation

5. Any other comments?

Thank you

John R. Anderson
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Phone: 412-268-2788
Fax:     412-268-2844
email: ja at cmu.edu

announcing the ACT-R 2002 Summer School and Workshop.  At the
summer school we will be teaching the 5.0 version of ACT-R (whatever
that is).  We are sending this out as a poll to ACT-R users to
get a sense of what the experience with 5.0 has been and what the
definition of 5.0 should be.  We would appreciate your answers to
the following questions.  In these questions we refer to the
construct of a "research model".  This means something
you would be willing to describe in a research presentation not
necessarily something published.  Also, our post-graduate summer
school slides at our Web page contain some discussion of various ACT-R
5.0 features.<br>
1. With respect to 4.0:<br>
a. Have you ever worked with it?<br>
b. How many research models would you estimate that you have produced
in 4.0?<br>
c. Are you currently using it for research?<br>
d. Have you used it (or do you intend to use it) for teaching?<br>
2. With respect to 5.0<br>
a. Have you every worked with it?<br>
b. How many research models would you estimate that you have produced
in 5.0?<br>
c. Are you currently using it for research?<br>
d. Have you used it (or do you intend to use it) for teaching?<br>
3. With respect to the principal features on which ACT-R 5.0 differs
from 4.0, how much experience have you had with<br>
a. The buffer control structure</font></div>
goal stack</font></div>
equation and downgrading of the strengths of association<br>
d. Production compilation<br>
4. With respect to the principal features on which ACT-R 5.0 differs
from 4.0, how would you evaluate<br>
a. The buffer control structure<br>
b. The downgrading of the goal stack<br>
c. The competitive latency equation and downgrading of the strengths
of association<br>
d. Production compilation<br>
5. Any other comments?<br>
Thank you</font></div>