architecture comparisons

Nathan Brannon nbrannon at cs.wright.edu
Sat May 5 12:40:25 EDT 2001

> I am seeking published (or in press) papers that compare computational
> cognitive modeling architectures.  An example of this is the comparison of
> production system architectures in chapter 12 of The Atomic Components of
> Thought.  Another example is Todd Johnson's 1997 paper on Control in ACT-R
> and Soar, and also Newell, Rosenbloom, and Laird's (1989) comparison of Soar
> and ACT*.

Kevin,

A couple of conceptual reviews are included in my dissertation and the
following published article:

Lin, H., Koubek, R., Haas, M., Phillips, C., & Brannon, N. (2001). Using
cognitive models for adaptive control and display. Automedica, 19,
211-239.

Nathan G. Brannon
Ph.D. Candidate
Biomedical, Industrial, and Human Factors Engineering
Wright State University
BIE Dept. / 207 RC
Dayton, Ohio  45435
Ph: 937.775.5044 or 937.775.5152
Mobile: 937.272.3726
Fax: 937.775.7364
e-mail: nbrannon at cs.wright.edu
Lab URL: www.cs.wright.edu/~heats/
Personal URL:  home.earthlink.net/~ngbrannon