how can ACT-R models age?

Richard M Young r.m.young at herts.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 06:24:40 EST 2001

modelling of cognitive ageing effects was the topic of Mike Byrne's PhD,
I'm pretty sure, done under Tim Salthouse's supervision.

Mike may be currently incommunicado and otherwise occupied, but it would be
interesting to seek his comments in due course.

Also, at the other end of the age scale, Gary Jones at Nottingham did his
PhD on ACT modelling of children-vs-adult performance on a cognitive task.
I'm not in a position to summarise the main mechanisms he used, but I think
it did centrally involve the noise parameter(s).  Again, his comments might
be of help.

Happy new year,

-- Richard