ACT-R multitasking

Frank E. Ritter ritter at ist.psu.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:29:33 EDT 2000

There are two interesting Soar models about this problem that you may wish
to find.  The source code, well, dunno.  that's still a problem.

Chong's system learned how to sequence tasks and to my eye was quite cool.
rchong at soartech.com

Aasman's model drove.  Not always cited, but worked.  Also learned and was
compared to data.  I think you know him or can recognise him now.
j.aasman at research.kpn.com

Cheers,

=46rank

Chong, R. S., & Laird, J. E. (1997). Identifying dual-task executive
process knowledge using EPIC-Soar. In Proceedings of the 19th Annual
Conference of the Cognitive Science Society.  107-112. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence
Erlbaum.

Aasman, J. (1995). Modelling driver behaviour in Soar. Leidschendam, The
Netherlands: KPN Research.

Aasman, J., & Michon, J. A. (1992). Multitasking in driving. In J. A.
Michon & A. Aky=FCrek (Eds.), Soar: A cognitive architecture in perspective.
Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer.

=46rank  Ritter at ist.psu.edu
School of Information Sciences and Technology
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA  16801-3857
ph.  (814) 865-4453   fax (814) 865-5604
http://www.psyc.nott.ac.uk/staff/ritter (archived)
http://www.cedcc.psu.edu/ritter/  (temp local one)