random production firing - another problem

Troy Kelley tkelley at hel4.arl.mil
Tue Mar 9 15:17:26 EST 1999

Group,

While we are discussion random production firing,  I have a similar problem with

a model I am working on.  However, I have a slightly different problem.  I
figured out how do get productions (strategy selection) to fire randomly but als
within a normal distribution by manipulating the Eventual-Efforts parameter.  Th
higher the the Eventual-Efforts parameter, the less often the production will
fire.

Now the problem I am having is that when I incorporate this logic into a bigger
model, it has the tendency to screw up all my other productions, especially the
ones which need to fire first in order to set things in motion.  I attempted to
set the "Successes" of these early productions, which I would like to fire first
,
and I have had some limited success, but I am not completely happy with this
solution.  I also tried turning off or on the global variables which control
randomness at different points within productions (within the code), but this
didn't work.  Any other ideas?

Troy