[Soups-announce] [SOUPS 2022] Conference happening August 7-9 in Boston/virtually

SOUPS Publicity soupspublicity at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 10:21:36 EDT 2022

Greetings,

The Eighteenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2022) is
happening next week! On August 7-9, the conference takes place as a hybrid
event in Boston and Online. We invite everyone interested in human-computer
interaction, security, and privacy to register and participate in the
discussion of high-quality research contributions, keynotes, and lightning
talks. There is still time to register:
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2022/registration-information.

Presentations of full papers cover a wide range of topics, including
“Expertise and Learning,” “User Understanding of Security and Privacy
Concepts,” “Privacy and Security Tools,” “Methods,” “Understanding Specific
User Populations and Behaviors,” “Passwords and Authentication” and “IoT
and Ubiquitous Computing.” The full program is available online:
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2022/technical-sessions.

The poster session is held on August 8, from 7:45 am–8:00 am EDT (virtual)
and from 5:30 pm–6:45 pm EDT (in-person), featuring prior work published at
top venues and ongoing projects with preliminary findings.

There are multiple great opportunities for mentoring and networking,
including lunch tables on August 8 and speed mentoring sessions on August
9: https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2022/mentoring-program. In
addition, the USENIX/GREPSEC Mentoring Event (for students/junior folks
focusing on members of underrepresented populations) is happening on August
9 (in-person only, sign up link: https://t.co/bH8Hk6QOCF)

There are four workshops happening on Sunday, August 7, for which you can
still register.

WSIW: Workshop on Security Information Workers (in-person):
https://security-information-workers.org.

WPTM: Workshop on Privacy Threat Modeling (in-person):
https://ptmworkshop.gitlab.io/.

KOPS: Kids’ Online Privacy and Safety (virtual):
https://cuts.soic.indiana.edu/KOPS2022.html.

WIPS: Workshop on Inclusive Privacy and Security (virtual):
https://inclusiveprivacy.org/workshops/wips2022.html.

We look forward to seeing you at the conference or virtually. If you are
participating in the discussions online, we encourage you to use the
hashtag #soups2022.