Connectionists: Fwd: Statistics versus “Understanding” in Generative AI.

Keith Lambert keithlambert75 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:40:20 EST 2024

Fair point and I’ll try to do better. That being said, this entire talk is
filled with goal post shifting examples. I mean you literally talk about
creating a sequel to the Turing test, which would be definitionally a goal
post shift, but I don’t want to get mired down in this….I believe my points
stand regardless and should be the point of the discourse. To a better
understanding for us all.

https://www.econtalk.org/gary-marcus-on-the-future-of-artificial-intelligence-and-the-brain/

Sent from my iPhone