Connectionists: PostdoctoralAssociate Position in Cardiac-Cortical Circuit Modelling. Group for NeuralTheory and LNC2, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris.

Boris Gutkin boris.gutkin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 03:52:55 EDT 2023

Postdoctoral Associate Position in Cardiac-Cortical Circuit Modelling.
Group for Neural Theory and LNC2, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris.

A three-year post-doctoral position in theoretical neuroscience is open to
explore the mechanisms of interaction between interoceptive cardiac and
exteroceptive tactile inputs at the cortical level. We aim to develop
data-based computational models of cardiac and somatosensory cortical
circuit dynamics. Building on these models we will  determine the
conditions under which interactions between exteroceptive and interoceptive
inputs occur and which underlying mechanisms (e.g., phase-resetting, gating,
phasic arousal,..) best explain experimental data.

The ideal candidate should have a doctoral degree in quantitative
discipline (e.g. applied mathematics, physics, engineering) and previous
experience with dynamic system approaches to neural function , modelling
cortical neural circuits, excellent programming skills coupled with an
interest for, and a willingness to learn about, interoception and its
influences in perception and cognition. The candidate will have a unique
opportunity to join the project at its very inception and take a key role
in the technical and conceptual development.

The postdoctoral fellow will be based  at the Group for Neural Theory
<https://gnt.dec.ens.fr/en> and LNC2 <https://lnc2.dec.ens.fr/en> , in Boris
Gutkin’s team <https://lnc2.dec.ens.fr/en/teams/mathematics-neural-circuits>
with strong interactions with Catherine Tallon-Baudry’s team. LNC2 is
located in the center of Paris within the Cognitive Science Department
<https://cognition.ens.fr/en> at Ecole Normale Supérieure
<https://www.ens.psl.eu/en>, with numerous opportunities to interact with
the Paris scientific community at large, in a stimulating and supportive
work environment. Group for Neural Theory provides a rich environment and
local community for theoretical neuroscience. Lab life is in English,
speaking French is not a requirement. Salary according to experience and
French regulations with health and social benefits. Starting date is  first
semester 2024[CTB1] <#_msocom_1> .

Informal enquiries and applications (CV, motivation letter and contacts for
reference) should be sent [CTB2] <#_msocom_2>  boris.gutkin at gmail.com and
catherine.tallon-baudry at ens.psl.eu.  Applications will be evaluated on the
fly, the position remaining open until filled.

 [CTB1] <#_msoanchor_1>I am afraid we cannot hope to have someone earlier
than spring…

 [CTB2] <#_msoanchor_2>and catherine.tallon-baudry at ens.psl.eu

up to you to decide