Connectionists: New seminar in Applied Algebraic Topology and Networks

Jānis Lazovskis Janis.Lazovskis_1 at rtu.lv
Tue Oct 17 06:57:26 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

With great pleasure we announce the launch of the AATRN Networks Seminar.

This monthly seminar is an affiliated activity of the Applied Algebraic Topology Research Network (aatrn.net<http://aatrn.net>), and will be covering applications and theory of how network structure is revealed through topology and algebra. The talks will be held once a month, generally on the first Tuesday of the month, starting 7 November at 5pm CET (11am Eastern) via the Zoom platform.

We already have a lineup of exciting speakers, including:

Cristian Bodnar (Microsoft)

Dani Bassett (University of Pennsylvania)

Katie Morrison (University of Northern Colorado)

Please visit the seminar web page for the full schedule and speakers:

sites.google.com/view/aatrn-networks-seminar<http://sites.google.com/view/aatrn-networks-seminar>

As with regular AATRN activities, the talks will also be available through the AATRN YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/AppliedAlgebraicTopologyNetwork<http://www.youtube.com/c/AppliedAlgebraicTopologyNetwork>

Please help us spread the word about this new seminar series within your own research network. If you have suggestions for a speaker, please email the seminar at topologyandnetworks at gmail.com<mailto:topologyandnetworks at gmail.com>.

We apologise if you receive this message multiple times since we are announcing it on various venues.

Best wishes from the organisers,

Daniela Egas Santander, Jānis Lazovskis, Henri Riihimäki, Jason Smith