Connectionists: Next SIPTA seminar: Ryan Martin on falsifying statistical models (18/10 at 3pm Paris Time)

sdesterc sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Mon Oct 16 14:46:56 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The next seminar will take place on the 18th October (Wednesday).

The zoom link for this seminar is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/82973185259

For this new seminar, we are very happy to have Ryan Martin as our speaker. Ryan Martin is a professor at  the Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University. Ryan Martin is in general interested in the foundations of statistics and probabilities. He is well known, among other things, for having proposed inferential models, a very generic framework allowing to make calibrated statistical statements through the use of non-additive measures.

On the 18th of October, at 15:00 CEST:paris time (up to 17:00 CEST, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "Falsification, Fisher's underworld of probability, and balancing behavioral & statistical reliability”. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can be found on that same page. So please mark your calendars, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or simply want to see it again and again, it is online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhKYP8BMQNM&t

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper