Connectionists: postdoc position in Reinhard Lab at SISSA

Katja Reinhard kreinhar at sissa.it
Tue May 16 07:03:19 EDT 2023

Dear all,
I would like to ask you to consider and/or distribute the below advertisement of a postdoc position in my lab.
Thank you!
Katja

ERC-funded postdoc position in neuroscience at SISSA for candidates with expertise and interest in computational aspects
A postdoc position (up to 4 years, ERC-funded) is available in the lab of Katja Reinhard, PhD, in the Department for Neuroscience at SISSA, Trieste, Italy to study how brain circuits enable behavioural flexibility. Both engineering/computational scientists as well as experimentalists with strong analytical skills are encouraged to apply!

Projects & main techniques: Animals react to threat or stimuli of interest with innate behaviours including escape, freezing and approach. Our goal is to investigate how rodents adjust these innate reactions to different ecologically relevant contexts, e.g. ambient light and circadian rhythm. In addition, we aim to understand how behavioural flexibility evolved in related species from different niches. Candidates will analyse high-throughput electrophysiological, calcium imaging and behavioural data to discover neural correlates of stimuli, behaviour and context; and to create models of behavioural flexibility. The new lab member can be involved in performing experiments if desired and will closely collaborate with experimentalists.

Your Profile: (expected) PhD degree in Computational sciences, Neuroscience or relevant field; Ability to plan and coordinate their work independently; Collaborative, creative and driven; Strong data analysis & programming skills - experience with neuronal or behavioural data preferred; Open and active communicator; Neuroscience background or strong motivation to obtain the relevant understanding during the postdoc.

We offer: Expertise in visuo-motor processing and relevant methods (Tikidji-Hamburyan et al. 2015; Reinhard et al. 2019; Sans-Dublanc et al. 2021); Collaborative environment with Neuroscience (https://www.sissa.it/neuroscience) and Data Science experts (https://datascience.sissa.it/); Attendance of conferences and summer schools encouraged; Support with career development; Frequent exchange and brainstorming; Friendly and motivating lab environment; Competitive salary & on-site childcare.

How to apply: Send (1) your CV, (2) contact information of 2-3 references, and (3) a motivation letter including research and career goals until June 10th to katja.reinhard[at]sissa.it.