Connectionists: CFP - AdKDD and TargetAd workshop @ KDD2017

Nemanja Djuric nemanja at temple.edu
Sun Apr 23 22:38:56 EDT 2017

*Call for Workshop Papers*

2017 Edition of AdKDD and TargetAd in conjunction with
The 23rd ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD
2017)
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, August 13th-17th, 2017
https://adkdd17.wixsite.com/adkddtargetad2017

​There has been a total of ten AdKDD and TargetAd workshops to date,
organized every year since 2007, which focused on highlighting
state-of-the-art advances in computational advertising. All the workshops
were well attended, often with standing room only, and very well received
both by the academic community and the advertising industry. Motivated by
these successes, for 2017 we are happy to announce a joint edition of AdKDD
and TargetAd, which we believe will bring an even stronger program than the
past years. We look forward to seeing you in Halifax to discuss the past,
present, and future of computational advertising!

*Topics*:
The workshop focuses on three main aspects of computational advertising.
​
*Evolution of computational advertising*: Online advertising has progressed
beyond the notion of traditional desktop ads to ads that are native,
social, mobile, and contextual. In tandem, the rise of new mechanisms, such
as header bidding, complex ad exchanges, repeated auctions, ad blockers,
viewability trackers and others, challenge the traditional notions of
advertising. There also continues to exists controversial issues in
advertising such as privacy, security, fraud, ethics, and economic
attribution. We invite papers that are focused on some of the above aspects.
​
*Large-scale and novel ad targeting*: Recent advances in real-time, big
data systems, and easier accessibility to different types of data make it
possible to design more personalized and efficient ad targeting systems. We
invite papers that advance the state-of-the-art in related areas of ad
targeting.
​
*Deployed systems & battle scars*: We particularly encourage papers that
highlight experience in deploying real-time ad targeting systems, data and
audience insights, as well as position papers on the future of online
advertising.

*Submission Instructions*:
Following KDD conference tradition, reviews are single-blind, and author
names and affiliations should be listed. Submitted papers will be assessed
based on their novelty, technical quality, potential impact,
insightfulness, depth, clarity, and reproducibility. For each accepted
paper, at least one author must attend the workshop and present the paper.
​
Submissions are limited to a total of six pages, including all content and
references, must be in PDF format, and formatted according to the new
Standard ACM Conference Proceedings Template. Additional information about
formatting and style files is available here.

*Important Deadlines*:
Submission     :  May 28th, 2017
Decisions         :  June 16th, 2017
Camera-ready :  July 6th, 2017
Workshop        :  August 14th, 2017

*Best Paper Awards*:
We are happy to announce that Criteo generously decided to help us award
best accepted papers for this year’s workshop. Two best papers will be
awarded financially, as follows:
Best Paper: $1,000
Runner-up: $500

*Submission Website*:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=adkddtargetad2017

*Program Committee Chairs*:
Suju Rajan (Criteo)
Mihajlo Grbovic (Airbnb)
Abraham Bagherjeiran (Amazon)
Nemanja Djuric (Uber ATG)
Kuang-chih Lee (Yahoo Inc.)
Vladan Radosavljevic (Uber ATG)
Kun Liu (LinkedIn)

For further questions please contact a member of the organizing committee.