Connectionists: Which simulators support structural dynamics?

Daniel Miner danielcarlminer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:55:07 EDT 2016

The Brian simulator (http://briansimulator.org <http://briansimulator.org/>) supports this as well, but, last I checked, only with the Connection Matrix class (http://brian.readthedocs.org/en/1.4.3/reference-connections.html#brian.DynamicConnectionMatrix <http://brian.readthedocs.org/en/1.4.3/reference-connections.html#brian.DynamicConnectionMatrix>) found in Brian 1.x, which has been deprecated (though all the documentation is still available and it’s still supported on the mailing list) and replaced with the Synapse class in Brian 2 (which, in turn, does not support this). It’s possible updates have been made to the Synapse class that allow for this since I last looked into it, though I haven’t noted chatter on the user group about it.

Best,
Daniel Miner