Connectionists: Postdoctoral or Research Assistant Position Offered for Summer/Fall 2015 in Computational Neuroscience, Machine Learning, & Neural Network Modeling at Rutgers University-Newark (just outside New York City)

Mark Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 30 16:23:15 EST 2015

Postdoctoral or Research Assistant Position Offered for Summer/Fall 2015 in Computational Neuroscience, Machine Learning, & Neural Network Modeling at Rutgers University-Newark (just outside New York City)

We seek someone with a MS or PhD (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, or Artificial Intelligence with substantial prior experience in neural-network modeling and machine learning methods, and excellent computer programming skills. Research will involve a mixture of (1) computational neuroscience modeling of brain circuits for learning, memory, and decision making, and how these are altered by neurological and psychiatric disorders, and (2) application of these brain circuits to applied problems in machine learning, pattern recognition, and novelty detection.  Training component of the position will involve opportunities to learn about neuroscience, anatomy, physiology, cognitive neuroscience, psychopathology, through courses, seminars, and participation in meetings and practical experience.

Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong quantitative background in CS/EE/AI who wants to make a career transition to applying these skills to the life sciences, especially to systems, cognitive and clinical neuroscience.

No prior neuroscience experience or training is required (we will provide training in that area).

We expect the position to be for at least two-years, possibly longer, depending on funding.

If interested, please email a single PDF file with a cover letter, your CV and a copy of one relevant published paper of which you are first author to gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu . The cover letters should summarize your prior training and future career goals and why this position is appropriate for you based on criteria noted above. Applicants should review the papers and research overviews on our lab first at www.gluck.edu

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
  Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular  and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102
 	 Web:  http://www.gluck.edu