Connectionists: Coming February, 3rd edition of our textbook, Learning and Memory: From Brain to Behavior. REQUEST A FREE EXAMINATION COPY FOR INSTRUCTORS

Mark Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 10 09:02:05 EST 2015

The 3rd edition of our textbook, Learning and Memory: From Brain to Behavior  (Gluck, Mercado, & Myers, 2016), will be published by Macmillan/Worth this coming February. There are also Spanish, German, and Korean translations available.

For more information, and to submit an online Request for a Free Examination Copy for Instructors, see:

http://www.macmillanhighered.com/Catalog/product/learningandmemory-thirdedition-gluck <http://www.macmillanhighered.com/Catalog/product/learningandmemory-thirdedition-gluck>

"With its modular organization, consistent chapter structure, and contemporary perspective, this groundbreaking survey is ideal for courses on learning and memory, and is easily adaptable to courses that focus on either learning or memory. Instructors can assign the chapters they want from four distinctive modules (introduction, learning, memory, and integrative topics), with each chapter addressing behavioral processes, then the underlying neuroscience, then relevant clinical perspectives. The book is further distinguished by its full-color presentation and coverage that includes comparisons between studies of human and nonhuman brains.

***  The new edition offers enhanced pedagogy and more coverage of animal learning ***

REVIEWS:
Students rated the reading very highly and felt the information was very clearly written and engaging. - Nanthia Suthana, UCLA
I love the way this textbook organizes the chapters to the three different parts. It helps me with teaching the material because it keeps me organized and it allows for a nice transition during the lectures. This structure seems to benefit the students as well. They have said that it makes studying the material in the book easier when it is broken down into chunks. - Monica Bolton, University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Between the writing style and wonderful graphics I am absolutely in love with this text. - Arlo Clark-Foos, University of Michigan, Dearborn

I love the organization, that’s the primary reason I selected the book in the first place. Covering all three parts [behavioral processes, brain substrates, and clinical perspectives] ensures that most (if not all) students can find something of interest. For instance, I have a number of clinical psych students take the course who typically enjoy learning how the behavior and brain material is translated into clinical outcomes. - Derek Lindquist, The Ohio State University

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Introductory Module
	1. The Psychology of Learning and Memory
	2. The Neuroscience of Learning and Memory
Learning Module
	3. Habituation, Sensitization, and Familiarization: Learning about Repeated Events
	4. Classical Conditioning: Learning to Predict Important Events
	5. Operant Conditioning: Learning the Outcome of Behaviors
	6. Generalization and Discrimination Learning
Memory Module
	7. Episodic and Semantic Memory: Memory for Facts and Events
	8. Skill Memory: Learning by Doing
	9. Working Memory and Cognitive Control
Integrative Topics Module
	10. Emotional Influences on Learning and Memory
	11. Social Learning and Memory: Observing, Interacting, and Reenacting
	12. Development and Aging: Learning and Memory across the Lifespan

COVER:

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
Center for Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University — Newark
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102
 	 Web:  http://www.gluck.edu <http://www.gluck.edu/>