Connectionists: Prospective PhD/Postdoc Positions in Computational Neuroscience

Hermann Cuntz hermann.neuro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 07:21:03 EST 2014

Prospective PhD/Postdoc Positions in Computational Neuroscience

Job openings as PhD student or postdoc will be available in my group at the
Ernst Strüngmann Institute (ESI) for Neuroscience in Cooperation with Max
Planck Society and the Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies (FIAS) in
Frankfurt/Main, Germany.

My group is primarily focused on models that describe neuroanatomy at the
cellular level and works in tight collaboration with experimental labs (see
my website:  <http://www.treestoolbox.org/hermann/>
http://www.treestoolbox.org/hermann/). We will be located at the ESI (
<http://www.esi-frankfurt.de/esi-frankfurt/>
http://www.esi-frankfurt.de/esi-frankfurt/) with additional office space at
the FIAS (http://fias.uni-frankfurt.de/). The group will be embedded in the
German Bernstein Network of Computational Neuroscience.

I am particularly looking for enthusiastic candidates that are interested in
the cellular mechanisms of computation in the brain. Good programming or
analytical skills and a Neuroscience background are an advantage.

If you are interested please contact me directly via email (
<mailto:hermann.neuro at gmail.com> hermann.neuro at gmail.com). Please note that
the positions are still pending approval and a more formal job posting will
follow.

Best wishes,

Hermann Cuntz