Connectionists: Assistant Professor position in machine learning + optimization at University of Colorado Boulder

Aaron Clauset Aaron.Clauset at colorado.edu
Tue Oct 29 17:35:46 EDT 2013

Dear all,

The Department of Computer Science at University of Colorado Boulder is hiring this year at the Assistant Professor level, looking for someone who works at the intersection of machine learning and numerical optimization.

A summary advertisement appears below, along with a direct link to the application site, which contains the full ad. The deadline is December 1, 2013.

Sincerely,
Aaron Clauset

------

> The Department of Computer Science (CS) at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks outstanding candidates for a tenure-track position with expertise in both machine learning and optimization. The opening is targeted at the level of Assistant Professor, although exceptional senior candidates at higher ranks may be considered.
>
> We seek candidates whose primary research areas lie at the intersection of machine learning and numerical optimization, and whose research addresses challenges in theory, algorithms, implementation, and application of problems in optimization and machine learning. Candidates should demonstrate excellence in both research and teaching, have a strong interest in interdisciplinary collaboration, and aim to lead a highly visible, externally funded research program.

> To apply, please go to the following link:
> https://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/73978

------

Aaron Clauset
Assistant Professor