Connectionists: WSOM 2013 - deadline extension - strict deadline: 15th November 2013

Frank-Michael Schleif fmschleif at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 29 16:02:20 EDT 2013

+++ PLEASE, APOLOGIZE MULTIPLE COPIES +++

Dear colleagues,
due to several requests we decided to extend the deadline for WSOM 2014.

Now, the STRICT last deadline is: 15th November 2013 !

Please follow the the submission guidlines provided at the conference homepage

                        www.WSOM2014.de

Details of the original call are also given below.

We are looking forward to welcome you in Mittweida.

With best regards,

Frank-Michael Schleif

WSOM Program Chair

--

10th Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps 2014 -- WSOM 2014
www.WSOM2014.de

will be held in the beautiful small town Mittweida located close to
the mountains Erzgebirge in Saxony/Germany. It will bring together
researchers
and practitioners in the field of self‐organizing systems for data
analysis, with a particular emphasis on self‐organizing maps and
learning
vector quantization. WSOM 2014 is the 10th conference in a series of
biannual international conferences started with WSOM'97 in Helsinki.

SCOPE – TOPICS

We expect contributions related to the theoretical and methodological
aspects of the self‐organizing map, learning vector quantization and related
fields as well as respective applications. Topics include:

• Data analysis and visualization and modelling dynamic phenomena
• Mathematical aspects including information theory and mathematical statistics
• Architectural solutions including hierarchical and growing networks,
ensemble models and special metrics
• Neuro‐cognitive studies that compare modelling and empirical results at
different levels
• Software and hardware implementations
• Outstanding applications emphasizing special aspects of the models

We also call for scientific and practice-oriented papers that describe
the use of self-organizing maps with variants
in different application areas including but not limited to:

• Data mining
• Pattern recognition
• Signal processing
• Knowledge management
• Time series processing
• Industrial applications
• Bioinformatics
• Biomedical applications
• Telecommunications
• Financial analysis
• Cognitive modeling
• Robotics and intelligent systems
• Image processing and vision
• Speech processing
• Language modeling
• Text and document analysis

Submission of papers : November 15th 2013
Notification of provisional acceptance: December 15th 2013
Camera ready papers : January 15th 2014
Early registration (special rates) : February 15th 2014

Submissions can be done via Easychair at
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wsom2014

Accepted papers will be published
in Springer's Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing series.

Further details at: www.wsom2014.de