Connectionists: Hiring Postdoc (and also a programmer and 2 grads)

Hava Siegelmann hava at cs.umass.edu
Wed Jul 14 09:33:21 EDT 2010

Postdoctoral Positions Available at the BINDS Lab, Dept. of Computer ScienceUMass starting Summer and Early Fall

The BINDS lab, headed by Professor Hava Siegelmann, focuses on biologically inspired neural systems, - seeking a profoundunderstanding of biological systems in an effort
to advance artificial intelligence and its applications in the real world.

This will be an exciting year; we will be merging our developments of memory and cognitive architecture and implementing the resultant system in a robotic test bed.
Emphasis will be placed on developing the system's inferential capabilities: decision making, associative capabilities and autonomy as well as inter-robot cooperation and
robotic/human communication.

We are seeking post docs with specializations in the fields of computer science, machine learning and robotics with knowledge in neuroscience. Successful candidates
will have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Engineering or a related field. Excellent  programming skills in C++ and Matlab are sought along with a
knowledge of machine learning mathematics and control and the ability to deeply analyze and connect
disparate areas encompassed by our program. Knowledge of robotics is beneficial. Initial appointmentsare for one year, renewable based on performance.

Applicants should send a cover letter, CV, representative publications and a minimum of three appropriate references to:

hava (followed by @) then,cs.umass.edu  <http://cs.umass.edu>.

--

Hava T. Siegelmann
http://www.cs.umass.edu/~hava/