Connectionists: [Postdoc Position]: Neuro-cognitive computational modeling of learning and decision making

Mark A. Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Fri Feb 19 06:46:04 EST 2010

[Please post or forward to potential candidates]

Postdoctoral position available at Rutgers University-Newark for a postdoctoral fellow with strong prior computational modeling and computer programming skills to work on neural-network models of the brain systems for learning and decision making.

   ** Applicants must be US Citizens or Green Card holders.  **

We seek a postdoctoral fellow in our lab who has:

* Prior experience and training in neural network modeling, especially computational neuroscience modeling of brain and behavior.

* Strong computer  programming skills.

* Familiarity with the literature on systems-level and cognitive neuroscience research on human learning, memory, and decision making. Modeling will focus on integration of systems-level and physiology-level models of cortex, basal ganglia, hippocampus, and other brain structures.  Emphasis will be on liking brain function to behavior, especially higher-level cognitive functioning in humans.

* Excellent people skills, self-motivation, first-rate English-language verbal and written communication skills.

* Able to start work by summer (preferred) or fall 2010.

See http://www.gluck.edu for more information. To apply, please visit our web site and then send CV and summary about your past and future research interests, and long-term career goals to Dr. Mark A. Gluck at gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu. As noted above, we will only consider US Citizens or Green Card holders.

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
  Co-Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular  and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102

  Web:  http://www.gluck.edu