Connectionists: Post-doc in computational neuroscience/statistics/intelligence

Aapo Hyvarinen Aapo.Hyvarinen at helsinki.fi
Mon Jan 15 07:57:55 EST 2007

Hello [and apologies for cross-posting],

I have a post-doc position available, starting any time during the first
half of 2007, for a duration of approx. one year with possibility of
extension. The location is Helsinki Institute for Information Technology,
in the premises of the University of Helsinki, Finland.

The topic can be anything related to the research of our group
as outlined on http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/hiit_bru/index_neuro.html ,
in particular:

- probabilistic theories of early vision (natural image statistics)
- causal discovery (non-gaussian multivariate statistics)
- exploratory analysis of brain imaging data
- theory of unsupervised learning (e.g. score matching)
- [a new topic:] learning action-related representations

Please send your application to: aapo.hyvarinen-at-helsinki.fi
Attach at least: CV, publication list, short statement of research
interests, and names and email addresses of 2-3 people willing to give
their opinion on your competence.
Deadline is 10th February 2007.

Aapo

Aapo Hyvarinen

Basic Research Unit of the
Helsinki Institute for Information Technology,
P.O.Box 68, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland

Physical address:  Room A330, Exactum
Dept of Computer Science, University of Helsinki
Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b, 00560 Helsinki, Finland

Home page: www.cs.helsinki.fi/aapo.hyvarinen/