Connectionists: MBL Summer School on Neuronal Data Analysis

David Kleinfeld dk at physics.ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 12 15:39:56 EDT 2007

Dear  Colleague,

I write to inform you of the opportunity for graduate students,
post-docs and colleagues to participate in the MBL special topics
courses, described at the link below, devoted to neuronal data
analysis and modeling with a focus on spectra and statistics.  This
course attracts leaders in the field to teach a unique and intensive
schedule.  In addition faculty and students have numerous
opportunities for informal discussion and to analyze real data sets.
We believe that the educational experience and the ability to network
with leading scientists from many institutions, provided by our
courses, is not available at any single home institution.

Substantial financial aid is available to defray the cost of tuition.

Neuroinformatics
Course Date: August 11 - 26, 2007
Directors:	Emery Brown, MIT and MGH
	David Kleinfeld, UCSD
	Partha Mitra, CSHL

Application Deadline: April 20, 2007

http://www.mbl.edu/education/courses/special_topics/neufo.html
This course contains pedagogical lectures on basic statistical
techniques as well as focused mini-workshops on specific neuroscience
topics where applications of these techniques are critical.

Thank you in advance for passing on this information.  Based on
comments from alumni this educational experience has had a profound
effect on their scientific career.

Sincerely,

Lenny Dawidowicz, Ph.D.
Director of Education

--

David Kleinfeld
Professor - Department of Physics		Office/Voice mail:
9500 Gilman Drive (Postal Service)		E-mail: dk at physics.ucsd.edu
La Jolla, California 92093-0374
	http://www-physics.ucsd.edu/neurophysics/