Connectionists: Tenure Track Faculty Recruitment, Florida Atlantic University

Viktor Jirsa jirsa at ccs.fau.edu
Tue Oct 17 20:49:55 EDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

please note the following faculty search. One major focus of the search
will be computational neuroscience.

Best wishes, Viktor Jirsa

---------------------------

Florida Atlantic University, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Physics
position.

The Department of Physics at FAU invites applications for a tenure track
position at the Assistant Professor level to begin in Aug 2007. The
Department of Physics is growing rapidly and we are seeking highly
qualified candidates committed to a career in research and teaching.

We are particularly interested in building upon our experimental and
theoretical strengths in biophysics and neuroscience.  These
Departmental foci overlap with ongoing research thrusts in the Charles
E. Schmidt College of Science (http://www.science.fau.edu/).  However,
we will also consider applications from exceptional candidates in our
department's other research areas in Condensed Matter Physics, General
Relativity, Astrophysics and Quantum Optics.
The successful candidates will be expected to teach, conduct a vigorous
research program, supervise Ph. D. Students and contribute to the
development of the current research initiatives within the Physics
Department. /Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply/.
Candidates must apply by letter and include curriculum vitae, list of
publications, a statement of research interests, and arrange for at
least three letters of recommendation.

The package should be sent to *Chair of the Search Committee, Department
of Physics, **Florida** **Atlantic** **University**, **Boca Raton**,
**FL** **33431-0991*.  Material received by January 10, 2006 will
receive full consideration.  For further details e-mail to
physics at fau.edu <mailto:physics at fau.edu> or visit our Web page
(http://physics.fau.edu <http://physics.fau.edu/>). Positions are
subject to anticipated availability of funds. FAU is an equal
opportunity, equal access institution.