Connectionists: postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience, neural data analysis @ Georgetown University

Maximilian Riesenhuber mr287 at georgetown.edu
Mon Sep 26 14:43:35 EDT 2005

Postdoctoral Position in computational neuroscience, neural data analysis

Riesenhuber Lab
Department of Neuroscience
Georgetown University

We have an opening for a postdoctoral fellow, starting ASAP or
later, to participate in a research project studying the neural bases
of fast visual target detection in complex images using a combination
of psychophysics, EEG & NIRS imaging, and computational modeling.

The candidate is expected to take on a main role in the analysis of
the neural data and their computational modeling (with the goal of
developing a real-time neurally-based target detection system), Thus,
a strong quantitative background and experience in machine learning
and data classification are required. Experience with EEG and
psychophysics is a plus, as is a background in biological and/or
machine vision.  This position is also of interest for PhDs in
computer science with an interest in moving into computational
neuroscience. The position is for an initial period of one year with a
possibility of extension depending on progress. Salary is competitive.

Our lab investigates the computational mechanisms underlying human
perception as a gateway to understanding information processing and
learning in cortex.  In our work, we combine computational modeling
with psychophysical and fMRI data from our own lab and collaborators,
as well as with single unit data obtained in collaboration with
physiology labs. For more information, see
http://maxlab.neuro.georgetown.edu.

The project is a collaboration with Dr. Tom Zeffiro's lab at the
Center for Functional and Molecular Imaging at Georgetown University
(http://cfmi.georgetown.edu/).  Georgetown has a vibrant neuroscience
community with over forty labs participating in the Interdisciplinary
Program in Neuroscience. Its scenic campus is located at the edge of
Washington, DC, one of the most intellectual and culturally rich
cities in the country.

Interested candidates should send a CV, a brief (1 page) statement of
research interests, representative reprints, and the names and contact
information of three references by email to Maximilian Riesenhuber
(mr287 at georgetown.edu). Review of applications will begin
immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.

Maximilian Riesenhuber                             phone: 202-687-9198
Department of Neuroscience                         fax:   202-784-3562
Georgetown University Medical Center       email: mr287 at georgetown.edu
Research Building Room WP-12
3970 Reservoir Rd., NW
Washington, DC 20007                http://maxlab.neuro.georgetown.edu